Monday, December 15, 2008

a "new" song

I think I used to sing this song to Vanessa when she was younger, but it was somehow "erased" from my memory.

Anyway my repertoire of kiddie songs is super limited. You can't beat me. It's consist mainly of  1) twinkle twinkle little star 2) itsy wincy spider and 3) ring-a-round of roses (which was added only very recently).

Recently, during the GUG class, I saw this lyrics stuck on the wall, to be sung to I have no idea what tune. The lyrics reminded me though, of the song that I used to sing. It is that song I used to sing, but I can only remember 50% of the lyrics, so I made up some of it plus the actions :P

Teddy bear, teddy bear, turn around (hand drawing circles)
Teddy bear, teddy bear, touch the ground (pat the seat or the floor)
Teddy bear, teddy bear, say 'hello' (I made this up) (wave hello)
Teddy bear, teddy bear, love you so (I made this up too!) (place hand on heart)

Teddy bear, teddy bear, run upstairs (make running motions)
Teddy bear, teddy bear, say your prayers (clasp hands together)
Teddy bear, teddy bear, switch off the lights (flick the air)
Teddy bear, teddy bear, say 'good night' (head lean on hands to sleep)

I'm quite sure the 2nd half of the song is correct, but erm, you know what, my hearing is so bad I am not surprised if I heard it wrongly ... It doesn't really matter because she enjoys the song and the actions (she seems to like songs with actions) so I guess this should be the new favourite until I can learn some new songs :P

0 comments: