Tuesday, December 16, 2008

When there's no snow, make do with foam

In a way, I think Singapore's famous (or infamous) for the foam parties (I still remember the scene at Sentosa many year ago!) and now ... I think they starting younger.

We rushed back to my mum's place to pick up Vanessa, hustled my nephew Asher and niece Anjanette through a change of clothes, and then we rushed down to Tanglin Mall. We wanted to be early so we could get some dinner (my favourite Kimchi cabbage soup) before the "show". Just as we were finishing, my sister reached on time with her hubby (I doubt I could handle all 3 without shouting myself hoarse) so we proceed to the outdoor area for the show.

Well, first, there would be a gush of snow (yes, foam). We saw kids dressed in bathing suits, ponchos, wellington boots, etc, and we realised a little late that we were very unprepared. Once the foam starting gushing out of the machines, kids and parents alike rushed for it and well, it looked like a 'bubble bath' party. Vanessa was scared, and didn't even want to touch the foam. Only Asher went to played with it at the edge, but he didn't dare to immerse himself in the foam like the rest. I guess he knew we didn't have towels or spare change of clothes for him. If they want to go again, the parents will have to be armed more than a camera! It will have to include towel, extra clothes plus shoes. Perhaps, like other kids, ponchos and wellington boots too!

Then after some 15 to 20 minutes, it started to snow foam. They had blowers to blow it up into the air, it was really very nice, but I think Vanessa's skin is very sensitive, and she had red patches on her face soon after.

Photos? Well, to my dismay, I realise I do not have the data transfer cable for my handphone, so I'll have to wait for the hubby to help download all the pictures. We do have some very nice ones, or maybe soon, I will just get the mobile blogging thingy he has too, so it's easier to just shoot and post.

Maybe new pics over the weekend, but I suggest to check out his blog for pics first. I'm very _sure_ he would do that first before downloading my pics for me :P

0 comments: