Saturday, February 27, 2010

$130 merlion act

V did the merlion act in the car, when I was on the way to the market. Originally she was sitting at the back of the car, and after the hubby dropped off to work, I insisted that V be siting in front with me. She didn't seem v OK to me but I wasn't sure if she was just sleepy.

Anyway, always trust a mummy's instinct. Within a few minutes, she did the merlion act, and I had to stopped in a carpark to clean her up. I did what I could, and I gave her a clean tee to cover her wet tee and skirt, and drove home as quickly as I could (and safely too). We cleaned up the car and the car seat while the other helper cleaned V up. She seem OK but she starting coughing and within a few minutes, she did another merlion act. I was amazed at the amount of liquid her stomach could hold :P I called up the PD clinic and I was told I had to be there by 12 noon.

Well, the traffic was so bad ... jam to enter the PIE, jam to leave the PIE and jam to get into the building. Thankfully they still offered valet parking (till 2pm) since we were very late (12:15pm!!) so I just grab the valet coupon and ran off.

I had expected to be ticked off by the nursing staff since I was 18 minutes late! But thankfully all I heard was "wah! why you so late! lucky you arrive in time, he's going off!" then the manager turned to her colleague and said to her "quick, tell him last one before he goes off!". For all the times we have been to this clinic, this was the FASTEST visit I ever had. Within 20 minutes, the PD saw V, collected the medicine, paid and left the building. I am so thankful for the help from the nursing staff and the PD, which well, did cost me $130!

V seems to be better now ... after her second merlion act, she looked so pale and greenish. Normally even if she was not feeling well, she would be her cheeky self. But this time, she was sad, quiet and just seem really uncomfortable. I gave her some porridge I made for #2 (I made more somehow, again mummy's instinct) and to entice her, I added in some chopped picnic ham. It did the trick and she finished 80% of the porridge and 100% of the ham. We also gave her water, but little by little. She's now fast asleep (finally!). I hope she feels get better when she wakes up. Poor jiejie.

0 comments: