Saturday, February 27, 2010

little mosquito

I have a nickname for #2 - little mosquito, or in cantonese, mun zi jai. The "story" behind the nickname? Well, he tends to emit high pitch "mmMmmmMm" sounds when he wants attention or mummy. Just close your eyes and imagine a mosquito buzzing by your ear ... the sound is quite similar.

I recalled vaguely, when V was at the same age, when she was in a good mood or happy, she would kick her legs. Well, #2 is doing the same now ... he's a lot more "fun" now since he is quite responsive to little games we play ... like running away from jie jie, jumping on my bed, kicking his legs with jiejie on the bed, peek-a-boo, and funny faces ... He is also choosing who he will allow to carry. If he does not turn away from the person, he may size up the person by looking up and down at the person a few times, and then leans forward to bestow his hugs.. If he turns away almost immediately, it is quite obvious he doesn't want that person.

V is still just as loving, and she has more or less getting used to her routine of going back to school. She now wears her school uniform without a fuss *phew* When we drop her off her the school, she used to cry and say "no one to look after me!" Now she happily decides who carries her to the class and who she wants to play with.

We also changed the seating plan in the car - now V sits in the back row with helper a and #2 sits in the middle row with helper b. We sit in the front row, but occasionally I will squeeze into the middle row, depending on what kind of "looks" #2 gives me. I do miss our little sessions in the car, so I try to make up by spending a bit more time with him at night. So far, he is happily taking to the "jumping party" on my bed each night =)

0 comments: