Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Food at 8 months

I made porridge for #2 over the weekend - basically it was just porridge made with pork broth and the flavour was hardly apparent. In anycase, #2 lap it all up, and one big bowl too. So much so that V insist on having the same thing after seeing her little brother gobbling down the porridge.

This weekend I will start him on chicken broth porridge and see how it goes.

V is very fussy about her porridge these days. If there isn't enough flavour she will reject the porridge outright and complain it's yucky. She will only recognise the usual Pigeon porridge as the very nice one and refuse to try others. For her, the soup stock needs to be much more richer - so I figured out the only way "enrich" the flavour for the pork or chicken stock was to add dried scallops. I have tried adding kombu seaweed but she didn't like the taste. I bought bonito flakes to experiment with, so let see how she will take to it.

0 comments: