Monday, February 08, 2010

doe a deer ...

#2 went to bed at before 8pm but I could hear him fussing in the bedroom for a long while. #1 was colouring in her hello kitty book and she was OK for me to check on her didi.

I went in and saw #2 was fussing with his eyes closed! Basically he was more or less asleep, but emitting the "eh eh eh" sounds (fake cry). So I took over from the helper and he was uncomfortable in any positions I was carrying him in. In the end, we fed him his favourite beverage - WATER and he settled down a little.

I sang his favourite song, "doe a deer" and he opened his eyes a little to check me out. He gave me a smile when he recognised me and then closed his eyes. I continued singing and rocking him to sleep, while V was calling for me outside the bedroom. Thankfully when she decided to come in to check on me, #2 was fast asleep. She refused to leave the room without me, so I put #2 in his cot, and he grunted, rolled onto his side and continued sleeping. This shorty mummy had to tip toe to lay him on the bed, and more or less, had to "throw" him unto the bed since I couldn't quite reach the bottom of the cot (about 5 cm away). I probably need to place a short stool in the bedroom soon!

#1 wanted to hug my arm to sleep ... she fell asleep together with me I think - we both were pretty tired out as she only napped a little this afternoon while I didn't get around to it at all.

Sweet ending for the weekend, with both kids wanting a piece of the mummy. I should be doing something right =)

0 comments: