Sunday, November 19, 2006

Fatigue, Vomitting and Cramps

Geez, I think I am really finally beginning to feel the effects of the amniocentesis. I've been so tired for the past 1 day, that I'm sleeping close to 14 hours a day now. I guess that my body is also feeling the effects of the increased hormones - been puking quite a bit, something that I hadn't been doing for almost close to 1 month! The lower abdomen is still very tight, so movements, stretching is quite a pain literally, and trying to find a position to sleep comfortably can be quite frustrating.

We did go to Ikea yesterday, we went early at 10 plus and wow, it's simply great because all the crowds probably moved to the Tampines Ikea (well kinda bad for the one at Alexandra then). We didn't have to queue to get into the carpark, didn't have to circle to find a lot, and we could stroll into the cafe, get our food and then pick almost any seats we wanted. By the time we were finally done with our brunch, the crowds were coming into the cafe - based on "excuse me is the table taken?" and the snaking queue to get the food.

We went downstairs and got some Christmas wrapping paper, bags and some other knick knacks - forgot to get some christmas ornaments I was eyeing though =( All in all, it was really very exhausting for me. I did remember the nurse telling me no shopping for the 3 days, but it's the 4th day and I did rest quite a bit in bed already! By the time we reach home, I was walking mini steps S-L-O-W-L-Y. And I almost had to crawl to bed, I was that tired! So now I know why 3 days of MC plus the weekend to recover - one lesson learnt!

Now, I just want to get over the vomitting part, still a few more days before I complete the course of medication *sigh*

0 comments: