Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Just a pin prick

It's true - that's how I would describe the pain of doing the amniocentesis test.

So, ya, I survived it, and according to the conversations Dr Y and the nurses were having (my eyes were closely shut and hands tightly clenched under my chin), apparently the baby is very kaypoh ... the 75% she actually reached out for the needle with her hands! Ya 75% because the baby kept curling up in a ball and refused to open the legs ...

I won't say it was totally painless - when the fluid was being drawn out, I could feel some discomfort like minor cramping ... after the whole ordeal was over, while I was resting at the waiting area, I could feel some contractions and minor pings of pain here and here.

So now, the real ordeal is 1) waiting for the results to be out 2) finding out if any complications arising from this procedure

So ... we can hope for the best, and leave God the rest.

0 comments: