Friday, December 22, 2006

Baby's 540 grams!

Went for the appointment with Dr Y yesterday and first thing he remarked, "Oh you look quite good! Not as tired as before!" Of course, with all the vomitting and frequent peeing in the night all behind me now, I am doing very well. The holiday I had was fantastic, with good food, good wine, my favourite - DisneySea and good company!
 
I am eating very well now, basically I can eat my usual stuff and no cravings for strange stuff or things I always dislike - other than Coke. I also like watermelon and watermelon juice A LOT (my TCM says it's ok to take watermelon!).
 
I told Dr Y about the leg cramps and he instructed my hubby to help me stretch my legs before I sleep every night *YIPEEE* Great excuse to request for a massage at the same time haha! He did remind me to take my calcium tablets or drink 2 full glasses of milk each day and he was almost pleading with me to take my iron supplements. He said my blood count is a bit on the low side and I would really need to take the iron supplement at least once a day or once every alternate day. Oh well, no escaping anymore I guess so my routine should be changed to:
 
Morning
2 cups of fresh milk
2 X fish oil capsules
2 X ginseng/ cordycep capsules
 
Night
1 X iron capsule
2 X fish oil capsules
2 X ginseng/ cordycep capsules
a swig of my multi vits syrup
 
I know it's not a lot of things to take but I keep forgetting and my hubby _doesn't_ bother to remind me either (you read this!?!?!?).
 
So how's my baby girl doing? She's good, very active, although I still _cannot_ really feel her kicking (I take it positively because otherwise I'll be yelping away in public), and she has shifted her position - her head is now at the lower part of my uterus. If that is really the case, this girl is a head banger based on the minor pangs I felt!
 
She now weighs in at 540grams, a middle weight. Her size is normal (yes still normal, I forgot to ask what would then be the expected size at delivery) and her tummy is a really cute round thingy - like a ball! I actually laughed when I saw her tummy. Dr Y was saying, the rounder, the bigger/ heavier the baby. Anyway at this stage, how we know her weight? They measure the size of her tummy (cross section) as well as the length of her thigh bone, and viola, they arrive at the weight.
 
Then I brought up the subject of Caesarian birth and Dr Y was asking "Are you really sure? Don't you even want to try?" So I told him all the horror stories I've heard and read: 1) about the cervix not being able to dilate - have to go for caesarian eventually 2) even if the cervix can dilate but not enough, there will be cervix tear and they need to sew me up. He went, "Yeah, that's true, but are you sure you really don't want to try? Anyway we still have 3.5 months to decide the delivery method so we can always discuss later!"
 
If I really want to try for natural birth (if I even have the guts for it!) then I should be starting on the yoga plus pelvic floor exercises real soon *sigh*
 
And oh, we forgot to ask for the baby's picture and Dr Y forgot to print out for us =( To date we still have no pictures of baby at all!
 
 
 
 

0 comments: