Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Galore!

Christmas was well, Christmas. Only had 2 last minute gifts to buy but was promptly solved within 30 minutes. Not much wrapping to do as this year I opted to use gift bags instead. I had purchased or gathered my stock of Christmas gifts by late November, so we could afford not to panic last minute and wringe our hands in buying the "perfect gifts" at the 23rd hour. As usual, the "hard" choices are for the men - I mean how many pens, belts, wallets do they need? This year we "tried" to solve it by trying to buy useful gifts like namecard holders (Tangs has some pretty nice ones!) but in the end, we gave up and just grabbed whatever was available for "men" at body shop.

The rest, the kids were the easiest, just that I keep changing my mind what to give them (so end up I had excess presents which I could use for someone else' kids birthdays). I managed to get hold of this really nice looking jewellery box at a decent price and that was for my mum. Perfect in that sense she can keep all the pieces we had bought for her over the years! The rest, well, I'll just shop according to whatever insipration hits me. Afterall I'm preggie, and I really don't enjoy shopping as a past time.

As for the gifts we got, some were stuff I really wanted (like towels - don't ask me why I am 'craving' for new towels) and the 'super nanny' book which someone thoughtfully gave my hubby! We also got the "what to expect" book for the first year - I should just ask my hubby to memorise those 2 books! Usual items like chocolates, clothes, and unusual items LED ear digger (which had my hubby raving over and asking me to dig his ears in the midding of the night!).

As for what I got from hubby? I purchased a pendant for myself (on his behalf) and at the same time, purchased a ring with an embedded diamond for him. He has been saying he wants a diamond ring ever since he got me the almost 1/2 carat diamond ring, so I thought what better excuse to buy myself another pendant I fancy (not expensive - less than $100!) and to keep him happy? After all he gets a diamond ring! But guess what, he was still raving non stop about the ear digger - so I asked him, "does that mean before I offered to clean your ears, you had been deprived of this pleasure for your entire life??"

Anyway baby had an early start to Christmas too! We now have 1 baby tee shirt courtesy of Dumex (I think) and a bib from Mamil (I think too) from the goodie bag they gave out during the TMC tour. My friend also bought a muslim receiving blanket for her!

My hubby was "nice enough" to agree to let me spend $100 on the Sharity food hampers. I didn't really get to go shopping so I had no chance to drop some money into the salvation army's can. But soon enough, when I can twist his arm to clear some of his old clothes (as in piece he cannot fit into but are BRAND NEW), hopefully they will go to someone who really needs them and not hoard them for the sake of hoarding ;P

0 comments: