Thursday, December 14, 2006

Big Foot and other what nots

As the bump grows bigger and my feet increase in shoe size (just went up by 2 sizes to 38), the reality begins to sink in. A few months later I'll be having to feed, burp, bath and change diapers a screaming baby *cringe* and I'll still be waddling around in my maternity clothes. It's kinda scary actually - what did I get myself into?!?!
 
I just went to get new bras, now I'm 38/ 85B - still B cup just that my girth has expanded quite a bit and it's quite a pain to wear my usual ones. Underwear er, no change, since the bikini strings one still fits quite ok and accomodates my bump.
 
The other day, I got 5 pairs of new shoes/ slippers - 2 pairs of slip on flats with RUBBER SOLES, 1 pair of semi sporty looking one with RUBBER SOLES, 1 pair of low heels (1.5 inches) of slip on shoes for dinners (wedding dinners a ringing) (I can't fit inot my usual ones, tight and I can't walk on 3 inches anymore) and 1 pair of slippers with nice thick soles. Why slippers? Er the last pair i have to flip flop around in is partially chewed up, so I'm not sure how long the straps will hold. Your Tevas asked my hubby? Already long incinerated - shows how much he remembers about me asking to buy a new pair of Tevas as replacement.
 
In addition I went shopping for more tops! Actually just 4 tops which I can use for working since most of the others that I have is strappy or strapeless - I don't have that many strapless bras I can use! Then I got my first maternity dress! I may get more because this morning I had difficulty in putting on my maternity pants - though very unlikely because pants are a lot more comfortable to move around in.
 
So how many weeks is the baby in now? I've kinda lost count - I'm not really keeping count anymore. I just know the EDD and I'm still trying to swallow all my supplements - fish oil (the burps stink), calcium (yucks), iron (keep forgetting), folic acid (er missing?), multi vitamin syrup (easy, just take a swig from the bottle every morning) and the ginseng/ cordyceps pills (prescribed by the TCM for the first trimester but I only got around to taking it now because I simply cannot swallow any pills/ tablets then). I'm supposed to cut down on my Coke/ Pepsi with salt cravings, and similarly my lust for watermelon fruit or watermelon juice - I guess in everything, moderation is the key.
 
My mum is worried though - I can't seem to feel the baby kicking or moving but I did read that fat people (me, that is) usually have a harder time feeling it. So the guessing game is still on, is it the baby or is it not. Let see how big the baby has grown on my Japanese food binge for 1.5 weeks - I think I'm due for an appointment with Dr Y next week. 


Did I mention that I seem to be missing some part of my brains too? Starting to be super forgetful.

0 comments: