Monday, December 25, 2006

Site visit for choice #1 completed

Made a trip to TMC on Saturday and I was quite disappointed. The nicely renovated 4th floor is not the maternity ward. The maternity wards are not scheduled to be renovated until sometime next year or so.

Apparently they had too many maternity patients hence they cannot afford to renovate the maternity wards yet. DUH! Whoever did the planning ought to be shot - because maternity patients make up the bulk of your patients, shouldn't you think of them first?!?!!?!? So we become lower priority so they can milk all the cash they can. The un-renovated floor is quite BAD ... the double room is dingy and dark, something I HATE. The tiolet? *sigh* Lousy is hardly the word to describe it. Anyway I asked, so could we request for the 4th floor rooms, not because it's only nicer, the rooms are MUCH brighter - something that is very important to me. They say they will try to accede to requests so I guess, that's depending on luck then. Can you imagine, being in pain and trying to deal with motherhood in a dark dingy room? As if we don't have to deal with enough factors to trigger off any post-partum depression. I may sound a bit extreme, but you are holding your bundle of your joy in your arms, but the room is not brightly lit enough for you to enjoy the imagined glow of sunray around her head. You are in pain and you have to use a run down tiolet. It's enough to make me want to consider other places with nicer tiolets and brighter rooms. I'll just pay more.

The nicest room with the nicest tiolets are of couse the VIP Suite - It's really very nice, like a hotel suite! Going at $700 plus a day and not being packaged in their delivery packages, the final bill can be quite substantial! Should I work my charms on my hubby? Or should I just hope I can strike some 4D or Toto prizes that are big enough to cover the bills?

Apart from the miserable unrenovated rooms, I do like the nurses at TMC and I like the fact their carpark offers valet services, in comparison to other hospitals I've come across. Ah well, I guess I still have TIME to decide right?

I'll sleep on for now and fret about signing up for the antenatal classes first.

0 comments: