Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Ready! Get Set! .... er so soon?

I've been fending off queries by well meaning friends - are you ready? have you bought the stuff? have you decided where to deliver? have you????

It's more stressful than anything else, because at this stage 1) I'm still coming to terms that I'm going to give birth to a baby sometime next year 2) my EDD still SEEMS so far off 3) besides I still have 1 more month than the rest to gather my thoughts and plan.

Anyhow, I've started sms-ing with my swollen digits (yes, water retention) to relatives and friends and ask them if they have anything to lend to me for the coming arrival. Very often, they will ask what I need? My reply is always the same, "What do I need?" Really, I think they should have guidebooks on these things - "How to prepare for the arrival of a baby for new parents and surviving the ordeal."

I been asking my hubby to ask his friend, but in the end, I asked him myself and thankfully his wife agreed to help me out. I told him I really have no idea what I need - I only know I can get 1 baby cot, some baby clothes and that's about it? I have a baby sling coming courtesy of a free gift and I am supposed to buy a stroller with a deatchable car seat.

The only thing I'm certain of, I am opting for a Caesarian birth. Why? Pain has a few effects on me - 1) I just go limp 2) I throw up 3)I won't cooperate so the best thing is just to knock me out with GA so that the docs and nurses just do whatever they need to do with my FULL cooperation and I wake up in pain but all the blood and gore is over.

Anyhow, I still have TIME, lots of it at this current moment, to think about it all the preparation and birth plan stuff. Just let me enjoy my festive meals and holidays without killing my grey matter for now.

0 comments: