Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Oh no! Is it PUPPP???

PUPPP stands for Pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy. It's basically a rash that only afflicts 1% of the pregnant women. While not harmful to mother and baby, it's aparently very annoying. Just read the description in She Said/ He Said - it's enough to scare me for every red dot that appears on my skin.

I have a patch of rashes on my right thigh, it's not the usual welts but raised bumps that look like pimples and my left thigh is starting to have some too. While I suspect it could be due to dry skin (but I've been rubbing it with some cream or oil every night!) but I'm monitoring it and see if it spreads. So far the itch is still controllable, so I don't really think it's PUPPP (which incidentally suppose to start sometime in the last trimester or so).

I'm just wringing my hands but it could well be brought on by stress as well - I remember my scalp breaking out in pimple like rashes everytime I am stressed over work or studies.

I thought I felt my tummy going "bump!" today when I was lying in bed this morning - I didn't really feel anything but since my hands were on my tummy, I felt the movement! Was baby trying to play with mummy? OoOoo coochi coochi!

0 comments: