Saturday, February 10, 2007

Just another day ...

Woke up with backache and swollen hands/ fingers again ... but at least it's a Saturday and I can wallow in self-misery while snuggling under the blanket and extend the ZzzZzz hours. I still woke up earlier than my hubby who was basically almost dead to the world - fiddled with my orchids and pieceing some pieces of the Pooh's jigsaw puzzle. He had to go to work today and so we went for a quick breakfast at Macs then I dropped him off at work since I had a lunch appointment.

On the way back, I popped by Sunset Way to get some fishes (since all the others expired) and thankfully the nearest carpark had parking spaces available. In total, I spent $50, bought some fake plants (since real plants never last more than 2 weeks and in case the fishes wants to produce offsprings), 11 swordtails, 3 albino catfishes and 3 sucker fishes. Hopefully, tomorrow I won't see any floating bodies, I had dumped in 150ml of bio-starter liquid as well as 100ml of 5-in-1 water conditioner on Friday night.

Lunch was ok - saved for some young lady who doesn't know the meaning of being gracious to a pregnant lady, but it's ok. What goes round comes round :) Had fun catching up with ex-colleagues and my hubby graciously agreed to come down to town and to drive us back (traffic was horrendous and I horned no less than 20 times on the way to lunch - blamed it on the hormones?)

We came back and took a nap (in air con comfort since my bedroom windows faces the west). Then we headed out for dinner with the couple we travelled with to Japan. Dinner was DELICIOUS since basically I called the shots - had black pepper crab, druken herbal prawns, marmite chicken and fried rice with salted fish. It was a great excuse to make a trip down to G7 aka Sinma Restuarant (at Geylang Lorong 3) since the couple stayed nearby. After that, we went to their place to pick up some baby stuff - about 6 to 7 bags in total! So we would have to sort it out after CNY, hopefully the baby doesn't decide she wants to come out early!

I came back and potter a bit more around my plants - went downstairs and got myself a sprig of money plant (the hubby refuses to engage in "illegal" activities). It's now sitting in a pot of soil and I hope it will survive!

My orchids are growing lots of flowers shoots and I do hope they open in time for CNY - then the couplet on my main door would really ring true!



迎 花
春 开
接 富
福 贵

0 comments: