Thursday, February 01, 2007

Yay! No more needles for the day!

I'm proud to say that I survived the "ordeal". I didn't hurl although my body was 2 minds about it. Scratching the skin of the lemon definitely helped. The whiff of fresh lemons sent my stomach the other way and the occasional lick of the lemon flesh (I took tiny nibbles on the flesh ;P) helped me to endure the 2 hour ordeal.

In between, reading magazines helped to pass time a lot faster, and looking at food pictures or thinking of what food to eat after that (I was dreaming of tom yum soup) helped to distract my stomach and my mind from the vile liquid in my stomach.

The drawing of blood - well, second time was the most painful since she took from the same vein. The third one was more painful than the first, but probably because I was so terse - I couldn't wait for it to be over.

So when she said I could go, I was so relieved - I was all smiles to the receptionists. Yes, and I hurried down to Thai Express and ordered my Tom Yum soup!

0 comments: