Thursday, February 01, 2007

Blood and needles and yucky sugar solution

Here I am again, at the clinic doing the glucose intolerance test.

This time, I came armed with a whole lemon, that in the event they refuse to suck the lemon, at least I can scratch the skin and breathe in the lemony smell.

So far so good, the lady who is drawing my blood (different from last week) is more professional. She has no hesitation in poking the needle in and actually, it's not as bad as last week. It's actually bearable.

Anyway, she allowed me to lick the lemon (I brought my table knife ;P) so it's a lot more bearable - at least I can use a combination of smell and taste to control the urge to hurl.

My dearest hubby just bought a pastry from Delifrance (his breakfast) and asked "Do you want any?" then "Oh, you cannot!" Ya, thanks a lot dear :P

15 more minutes to my next urine test and then blood test. I'll update again.

0 comments: