Saturday, March 27, 2010

update on my princess

Reached the hospital at about 9:30am and she was asleep. Hubby said she woke up shortly after I left and didn't sleep till 8 plus, in between which the PD (aka hr favourite doctor) came by to check on her and did the needle thingy for the drip (sorry forgot what it is called - super concussed since I have less than 5 hours of sleep since last night). Hubby said she was awake through out and NEVER CRY. wow... then again, it's her fav doc :P

I took over the hubby and he left about 10am. Shortly after that she woke up - my hopes of having a quick cat nap were dashed :P My poor girl was super hungry - she saw my lunch being served. She first asked if we were sharing lunch, so I replied no, since she's not allowed to eat. Then she announced "my tummy make noise!" oops, then she was "forced" to watch me eat since there was no other place I could eat the lunch. She asked what was the food that was being covered and scanned through all the dishes. She asked again about the soup and then she said "1 spoon for me?" Again, poor thing, I had to reply no, and then I told her her fav doc say she cannot eat yet. As usual, she will ask why, so I had to explain that her tummy is not feeling well, and any food now will make her feel worse, and that's why the doctor say she can only have food later.

We walked to the lift landing and then she asked me again "go down buy porridge for me to eat?" I almost burst out crying. I had to squat down and hug her and then tell her no again. She saw the tears welling in my eyes and decided to spare me, so she just smiled. We went down to "shop" at the pharmacy and that cheeky girl, tried to bargain for 2 stuff toys instead of 1. In the end, she settled for tigger and a barney jigsaw book (she didn't want to do colouring anymore and the barney CDs/ laptop were with the hubby). Some kind soul let us cut queue to pay since I was literally trying to stop her from winding the drip tubing around herself. The "hanger" was quite cumbersome too, lucky no one tripped over it!

We went back, played with the toys and did the puzzles for a while. I made her lie down to rest and she went into ZzZZz land for about 3 hours. I was awoken up barely 30 mins into ZzzZzland by the new neighbours consistent inconsiderateness. I'm sure they can hear that the door shuts with a loud bang, the most they could do is to gently close the door rather than letting it close by itself. Anyway, her "gong gong" also dropped by to visit her, so I couldn't fall back asleep after that.

Hubby arrived to take over the next shift since it's the next pump session for me. Thankfully the nurse also came by to announce that we can move into the single room *phew*. We settled V into the new room (all pink!) and then gave her 3 teaspoon of porridge. I added some water to dilute it so that it seems more that it looks :P She was so hungry, that when I told her I was leaving, all she did was to stare at the spoon in her bowl. In fact she attempted to take over the spoon! That was how hungry she was! We told her she had to eat slowly otherwise she will vomit, so she solemnly (and sadly) nodded and gave the spoon back to the hubby.

Now my #2 is looking at me solemnly - I can't carry him since I'm pumping. I'm worried about passing him all the germs too so I'll probably take a shower with a splash of dettol, play with him a little, nap for 1 hour, grab my dinner and then head to the hospital again.

0 comments: