Monday, March 01, 2010

merlion act II

I had been feeling queasy the entire day ... so much so I was so listless - since my hands were feeling numb (a sure sign of oncoming fever) and sleepyness (body trying to cope with the onslaught).

We were out at a friend's place for lunch, and after my stomach started sending subtle protest signals, I didn't finish my lunch and I am also glad I turned down the offer of coffee, although it smelt so WONDERFUL and that guy, can sure make serving coffee an art form.

Came home and I knocked out for about 2 hours plus, but it was only intermittent rest since V decided to be naughty and kept kicking my back when the daddy wasn't looking. She thought I didn't know but she got a dressing down from me later when I felt I was up to getting out of bed. Yes, she look extremely guilty and scared - this mummy is not one to be messed with! Hubby brought her out for dinner while I rested at home.

#2 was v funny - he seems to understand everything I tell him. Since I was running a slight fever, I told him when I saw him that I couldn't carry him. He went "AIYA!" (I'M NOT KIDDING) and made unhappy noises while looking at me. I told him "but mummy is not feeling well. when mummy is ok, I'll carry you ok?" He made loud unhappy noises while giving me sad looks. Later when he was playing on the mat, he made attempts to crawl towards me and he even tried to kiss my toes :P In the end, I carried him for a little while but avoided breathing on him or kissing him. This one sure knows how to steal my heart!

V wasn't feeling all that great too - after dinner she wanted to go to bed and wanted me to bring her in. In the end, she was playing my post-it stickies on the bed for a while before I turned off the lights. We explained to her that I wasn't feeling well, so she had to sleep on her own bed. She started tearing and whimpering. Well, the hubby managed to get her to sleep on her own bed, and he squeeze in next to her on the same bed on her request. I was worried that the bed would fall apart since it wasn't built to withstand an adult's weight!

Woke up to pump but I was having this funny dream (sub conscious) about vomiting, then I realised I might vomit! I sent a garbage SMS to the hubby (couldn't type properly) and a dustbin was kindly delivered to me. Within moments, I merlioned into the bin and the stench was awful - anyway it was the dinner. I retched a second time after the hubby had cleared the first lot and thoughtfully put another clean bag over the bin next to me. I was hugging it for dear life since my stomach was trying to clear the remains, so my stomach was contracting even more forcefully. I flopped back to bed and here I am now, 3am in the morning, doing da pump.

Even if I am not feeling well, #2 still needs mummy's milk, so I got to do what I got to do. That's the love and responsibility of a parent.

0 comments: