Sunday, March 18, 2007

Countdown: 5 more weeks to go

Yup yup, to be exact I'm 35 and 1/2 weeks preggie now. So that's 4 and 1/2 weeks to go before full term *gasp* but she could come early by the 37th week, so that's really more like counting down to 2 weeks *GASP* and anymore than that is kind of bonus time to me.

Why? Obviously I'm not ready - the maid decided not to come last minute, so which means we have to do a search for a suitable maid. Hopefully we can get one to come in by end of next week. The rooms are still UNPACKED but at least I've already asked my part-time cleaning lady to help out sometime the week after to do massive packing.

My fallback plan? If the maid really can't come on time, then I'll just rely on the confinement lady, as well as my part-time cleaning lady. Just that, I won't have the maid in on time to learn some cooking and babysitting stuff from the confinement lady. I guess cooking is still OK, I can cook and teach a bit of that - just that I would prefer someone with experience or the know-how to look after the baby, since I'm a 1st time mother.

Ah well, just keep the fingers crossed then - I've come to a stage that I just want to finish up all my office work first, so that I can concentrate on the homefront. It's too distracting and tiring to be worrying on both ends.

0 comments: