Tuesday, March 13, 2007

the sleep monster strikes again!

I've been feeling really very tired lately, and taking the new medication doesn't help since it makes me feel giddy most part of the day (I can even feel my head revolving like a merry-go-round when my eyes are closed).

For e.g., on Sunday I took a afternoon nap for 3 hours, and I'm in bed by 11pm. On Monday morning, I could barely function at work - I was yawning my head off! By the time I reach home, I went to settle myself in bed and was promptly asleep by 9pm. Well, this morning the Hubby had difficulty waking me up again, but the cheeky girl helped him a bit.

I was half awake anyway, just waiting for him to finish his shower. I guess I must have dozed off again, when I heard him calling me through the haze of sleepiness. This cheeky girl, when he called me a second time, promptly KICKED ME! I was wondering if she was responding to him calling me, or she thought he was calling her, or if she just wanted me up, so she can continue her sleep without someone making noise in the background! *tsk* (she's having hiccups again now)

It's a workday, so I dragged myself to work (or to the car). At work, I was telling my colleague I wish she could just be delivered soon because I really find it very tough going now. I guess it had to do with me not feeling well. At 11am, I promptly threw up everything I had in the morning, my water, my tea, my prata, etc. I had to miss an office lunch event (free food! buffet somemore!) and I slept in my colleague's room - Dr Y's schedule's full so I had to do a walk-in at 3pm. I left about 2pm, reached there at 2.30, went to had some porridge (YUCKS! ALL MSG! NEVER EVER EATING IN THAT PLACEN AGAIN!), went back up to the clinic and this couple hogged all the magazines available for reading. Even they didn't want it, they just left it in between them, when they could have returned to the magazine stand. Ah well, I watched the TV instead but with my vision going downhill, I had to squint to read the subtitles/ translation. I was already dozing off when they called me in at 4 plus.

I had an initial BP done, and the reading was 145/90. So after discussing with Dr Y, I was told to stop the medication and observe the BP readings I take at home. The second set of BP readings were much better, in the rangs of 120+++ / 80+++. Anyway I'm on 2 days MC, he suspects that I may be coming down with a flu (I probably look liked when I did during the first trimester!) or food poisoning (I said I had runny stools and tummy cramps). Just hope I still have enough time to complete all the work due by this week. Sleep is sufficient but not pleasant, when all I dream about is work! I just hope the giddiness stop too, because it makes me so groggy and I cannot think straight. I need that clarity when I'm doing editing and proofreading!

0 comments: