Sunday, March 04, 2007

It's countdown time!

I'm in week 33 or 34, depending on which website I look at.

It means basically I have 7 or 6 weeks, until the EDD. However, she's starting to engaged, the process called lightening.

When the fetus descends into the pelvic cavity. In first-time mothers, usually occurs two to four weeks before delivery; women who have already givenbirth usually don't lighten until they begin labor.

Taken from: http://www.babycenter.com/glossary/L

So how do I know? From the changing shape of my belly - It used to be a nice "round" shape, but it is now shifting down and forward. The belly size seem to be stagnant, although baby is suppose to be growing a lot rapidly now.

What does that mean? IT'S PANIC TIME!!!! It means I had better stay late at work this coming week and clear up my outstanding work. It's also time to complete my "What to do when I'm on maternity leave" guide book for my colleagues. I may have 2 weeks to go, 4 weeks to go or up to my EDD, but with a baby in the belly, it's no guarentee when she decides she wants to see who's been playing touch with her!

Speaking of which, she's quite cheeky. I was playing with her by tapping my belly with my cupped palm - she responded at first by kicking where I had tapped, but when my hubby tried - she decided she was tired and went back to sleep. I tried a few more times, tapping rapidly 10 times at each spot for several times, but she refuses to indulge me. Anyway, while I was firing up the PC, she started poking me rapidly! She did that a few times and I was wondering what she was doing! At first I thought she was having violent hiccups, but I guess she's awake now and decides to let me know that she hadn't forgotten that she was playing with me earlier! *awwww*

By this time, if she's awake and not doing much of her stretching, I could still feel her little movements by placing both of my hands on my belly. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it's like a tank of water, any movements in it, I can feel the ripples, or water swishing around.

It seems to make all the morning sickness, the pain, the needles, the gore (sight of blood) and other unpleasantness all worthwhile, to feel her poking me with her tiny hands or feet. Oh, I'm going to miss this pregnancy for sure - I don't look forward to being allergic to prawns again. I guess it's time to do some cooking at home and indulge in prawns while I can!

0 comments: