Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Preparation for the impending birth - bit by bit

Let me see, last weekend I've managed to

1. Confirmed the confinement lady - passed the details to my hubby and instructed him when to call her

2. Bought some of the chinese herbs she would need to use for the confinement (well, I rather get it done now, since my movements are already starting to be really awkward). While some of the stuff can be easily bought like sesame oil and old ginger, I bought the herbs first since the hubby will probably have problems with these:

  • Dried seedless red dates
  • Dried Longans (apparently there's 2 types and the darker one which is semi-wet is used for confinement)
  • Wolfberries
  • Tong Sum (or Dang Shen in chinese)
  • Bak Kay (or Bei Qi in chinese)

I'll pack them up into my gladware boxes and dump into the fridge, probably later - I tire quite easily these days and I promptly conked out last night before 10pm.

Tonight the "attending" the online orientation course for employers (of maids) and I'll need to take a test later on *sigh* Let just hope my grey matter doesn't fail me.

Work wise, I've started some of the preparations of the stuff I need to handover - but the work that I need and want to complete is frustrating me. There's only so much I can do before I start to zonk out and stare blankly at the papers in front of me - so I'm quite glad I'm not spending time in my room, but a temporary housing in a cubicle where there's always things to distract me momentarily (my attention span is 15 minutes max before I blank out).

This weekend there's some events happening at work, but my colleagues had kindly slotted me in for the shortest slot/ event so I won't need to be on my feet the whole time. New furniture is arriving this Sunday too, so I guess I'll be spending Friday night cleaning up the room or making space for the new furniture *argh* Suddenly there seems to be a serious shortage of space in the house!

I still need to pack the hospital bag! *ack*

0 comments: