Thursday, March 08, 2007

The excitment of childbirth

Not mine, but someone close to me will be giving birth soon to a baby girl too! I'll say give take 1 week max before that little princess pops out!

So I've shipped over some herbal tea bags today (hope it's on time) as well as a little shopping at Amazon.com and the goodies should be delivered in a few days time.

For the herbal tea bags, it's meant for the healing process after childbirth. If you hadn't had a child yet, I won't bother with the gory details. If you are pregnant with your first child, you will get to hear all the gory details in antenatal classes, so I'll saved my swollen fingers a little work.

Anyway this herbal teabags, which I bought from MomsinMind, are meant for "rinsing" rather than drinking.





Mothers' Soothing Herbal Soak - This is a herbal combination that can be used
after birth to help soothe and accelerate healing of the mother’s perineal area.
It can also be used to assist healing after a caesarean incision. These herbs
reduce swelling, slow bleeding, and quickly heal
tears.




You can read the rest of the details here.



As for the shopping at Amazon.com, I bought the following 2 items because I thought they are so cute! I would have bought the same for myself, except the shipping costs to Singapore = the costs of the 2 books!





Humble Bumbles' Baby Journal: A Keepsake Journal for Baby's First Three Years



and




My Life As a Baby: Record Keeper and Photo Album
by Virginia Reynolds (Author), Amy Dietrich (Illustrator)


Cool stuff really, but I guess I'll just make do with my own little baby journal. I bet this girl will cringe when I give to her as a present at the age of 21!

0 comments: