Thursday, March 08, 2007

Report Card for week 34

1. I now am 70.5kg. Not too bad, considering the last 3 weeks covered the CNY period (food, food and more food). So I gained like ... 600g since the last visit?

2. I am guessing, whatever weight I gained, goes to baby, since she gained a whooping 600g since the last visit! She now is approximately 2.4kg!

3. Dr Y seems to remember my insistence on C-section when as the first thing he asked "So, you still going for the C-section?" I said "No, the plan is try for natural, and if the need to induce or any implications, then please cut me open." All this exchange was before the diagnosis (see 4). It seems I may get my wish afterall :P

4. I'm officially now being dosed with medication for high blood pressure. My blood pressure is now 150/95, and it's the lowest of the 3 readings done. The first reading, Dr Y eyes almost popped out. He asked me to please relax and he tried a second time. Still not satisfied with the reading, he switched to taking the blood pressure off my right arm instead and we arrived at the 150/95. So I'm medication for the next 2 weeks, before I go to see him again. I should have guessed, since swolleness of the legs have reached a stage that I can't even bend my right knee without being in pain, and sleeping with the legs raised didn't helped either (the legs are just as puffy).

5. The implications? I may have to deliver by 38 weeks if my blood pressure doesn't go down - so I have 4 weeks to get my act together. Could all this stress of preparations be the cause of the increase in blood pressure????

6. I was a bit worried that the reading is a fluke - because my blood pressure is normally on the low side, so I asked how would I know if my blood pressure falls below the normal when I take the medication. So I have to looked out for rapid heart beat and giddiness after I take the medication, in addition to monitoring the symptoms for high blood pressure like sustained headaches, giddiness and prolonged water retention .

7. I did asked if there was any medication for water retention since the swollen fingers and the pain in the right knee (when I bend it) is driving me nuts (ask the Hubby how nutty). I have difficulty getting in and out of bed, not because of the belly, but rather that I need to position my knee properly. Anyway the answer from Dr Y is "Delivery". *sigh*

So how do I feel? I'm glad baby is putting on the right amount of weight and is healthy (must remember to take my supplements) but I'm not sure if the high blood pressure will harm her development in any way. So let's see what happens in 2 weeks time....

0 comments: