Sunday, January 14, 2007

are you going to give birth soon?

That's it - first I get people commenting that I am carrying twins, then not 1 but 2 shop sales assistant got very worried and asked me "Are you going to give birth soon?"
 
I got a bit crossed but i replied humourously, "I hope not! I'm not due till 3 months later!" Then I patted my tummy and go, "Not now ok?"
 
Then as usual they all went, "But you are so big already!" Yes I know, but I'm not about to snap back "Yes, about 99 other people told me so already!" I just smile.
 
Apparently I take after my mother, who was according to the legend, as huge as me when she was carrying her first child, my eldest sister, June. So I got this part of the genetic heritage right but none of my sisters had pig trotters feet like me! *sob* Maybe I should find out what else happened in the legend - for example, if she had a 25 hour labour period, no way am I going to consider natural birth!
 
Talking about that, I am now considering natural birth again - still without epidural if possible, but I have no idea. All the best plans can be scuttled if the little one in me doesn't cooperate or my body refuses to respond to my needs. So ... I guess back to the drawing board - we can have plan A, B C or even D if necessary, since things always don't go as planned. It's getting hard to turn in bed now, it actually hurts to sleep on my back! So I am beginning to feel the urgency and the pending arrival of the little one. I hope I don't go into the panic mode anytime soon.

2 comments:

MommytoMeia said...

Hi Bun, this is meimeimylove (May), hey its good to for natural birth!!! U recover so much faster. I was on my feet right after delivery! Now preggie the 2nd time, I'll also choose to go natural.

muminthemaking said...

Ya, even my obgyn recommends that. Even my placenta has kindly moved out of the way (from the cervix) so I don't really have any excuse now, unless baby decides to weigh in at 3.51 kg!