Monday, January 22, 2007

What's in a name?

What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;

Shakespeare



Ok, serving up the names in the family...

1 Alissa
2 Anjanette
3 Anna
4 Anne
5 Carol
6 Cecilia
7 Chloe
8 Denise
9 Diane
10 Elena
11 Elisabeth
12 Elizabeth
13 Emily
14 Grace
15 June
16 Margaret
17 Maureen
18 Melissa
19 Nichole
20 Olivia
21 Paula
22 Phoebe
23 Victoria

I'm sure there's more but I cannot remember at this point. I'll add on if I recall them.

So a list of possible names I've made out (I'm quite settled on the Chinese name already):

1 Alexis
2 Ashley
3 Charlotte
4 Charmaine
5 Emma
6 Ida
7 Isabelle
8 Kaydee
9 Kaylee
10 Keira

Somebody help me?

5 comments:

MommytoMeia said...

I Like Emma n Alexis

muminthemaking said...

Haha

Alexis was the very first name we liked. Then my hubby changed his mind and wanted Emma. I'm more inclined towards Alexis but I'm still not very sure this is the perfect name for my girl =)

Anonymous said...

Colette?

Anonymous said...

darn!
there's not gonna be a nicole or variant thereof? 'niccy' as a nickname rocks.

while i prefer alexis in its full form, i lean towards em (emma) for a nickname.

how about alexis-emma ? haha. :p

per the quote, go with any.. she'll still be sweet and you'd be callign her 'baby, honey, sweetie, darling' anyway rightttttt?? :D

-spiff

muminthemaking said...

No dear spiffy jai, if you read carefully we already have a nicole in the family!

Alexis-Emma? Poor kid, it's as good as asking her to write her full name including 1 extra hyphen in all her exam scripts ;P

And you left out "sweetheart" *rofl*