Thursday, January 18, 2007

Baby's weighing in by the kg now!

Baby's currently in her 27th week, weighing in at 1.1kg. Me? I gained ... let me count, 64.2kg - 62.9kg that works out to be 1.3kg. Not to bad, in all, I've gained *erm* 64.2kg - 59.8kg = 4.4kg? My maths is really bad so if it's wrong, do tell me so ;P

Dr Y says baby's weight is of the "normal size" and my weight gain is ok. However, he did say baby will gain weight more quickly from now. I panicked a little and asked, "How much? 4 kg at delivery?" He laughed and said if anything beyond 3.5kg, he'll ask me to do a C section. That set me thinking a bit ...

Then we discussed a bit on the birthing bit, and I told him I'll try natural (he nodded and said,"Good.") but if I had to be induced it's confirmed C for me. He went, "Ah ... but we won't know if you need to be induced." So I said, "Ya precisely, so if I had to be, I definitely want C!" As usual, we will discussed that at a later date. Then he asked about the choice of hospital. So I told him we had already signed up for the TMC FBI thingy plus completed tour BUT ... I had visited my colleague who just gave birth in Mt A and I did a site visit of the tiolet. I told him, based on the tiolet alone, I'm so tempted to pick Mt A. I think Dr Y is probably wondering what a weird patient he has, but anyway he said, "the tiolet is not the only one that's old, have you seen the labour ward?" We replied we've looked at the place so we know it has not been renovated yet. We also talked about the nicely renovated rooms which is not likely going to be given to us, since it's upon request and they will try to acceed to the request if possible (sounds like a hotel upgrade). I think he's really pro Mt A for whatever reason. However, he did say the single bed is very popular too so it can be quite hard to get it. Sometimes they convert a double room to a single room because they cannot cope with the demand for a single room.

Frankly speaking for TMC, if I am paying the same amount of $$ for the renovated and unrenovated rooms, so why can't I have a choice? So another plan that has become unstuck and back to the musing board.

Oh and the hubby complained that I never discuss with him about going for natural now and the change of mind in hospital. Well, I'm blogging it my dear, and if you are too busy to read this, what makes you think you won't be too busy to listen to my musings? =)

Before I forget, WE FINALLY HAVE THE FIRST PICTURE OF THE BABY!!!! Dr Y asked, "Oh none at all? Not even the 1st trimester?" We chorused, "NO!!!" I'll post it up later when hubby has gotten around to taking a picture for me.

0 comments: