Thursday, January 25, 2007

Suffering pain for nothing =(

We made our way down to the clinic this morning - me, hungry and thristy, and dreading the immediate future.

First thing they asked for was a sample of my urine, to which thankfully my bladder cooperated. I thought I had emptied my bladder as much as I could at home, but I guess my late night (before 12 midnight) binging on water/ soup helped a little.

Then as usual, my veins are kind of missing in action, so they could only choose one of the vein which was slightly more obvious. Yes, it was painful as usual, so I guess it's not a matter of skills, it's just too bad for me that the veins willing to present itself are the ones which will cause me more pain.

The sugar solution, which they had kindly added a little more water for me, tasted like very bad lime cordial. They won't let me suck or add my lemon, so I had to just drink it as it is. I had a total of 4 small cups, and I took almost 15 minutes to finish it. This is considering that I was already very thristy. Barely after I had finished the second cup, my head started throbbing. By the third cup, I was feeling queasy. Anyway, I managed to finish the 4th cup and rested in the room. I had the urge to hurl but got my hubby to pat my back, so I burped instead.

Alas, but all in vain. Just 20 minutes to go before they draw my blood again, I hurled out at least 1 cup of the solution. So the test had to be cancelled for today and to be done another day.

*sigh*

0 comments: