Friday, January 19, 2007

Pre-natal massage - HmMmmmM

Managed to get some time off from work today and rushed down for my first pre-natal massage ever.

To be honest, I was really looking forward to this since I'm really quite tired out this whole week (been having nightmares about work and for some strange reasons, dreaming about having to feed 3 doggies).

The place isn't too far off from the office, and thank goodness it wasn't raining, plus traffic at that hour was still quite bearable. Took me only 15 minutes to reach there, so I was in fact even early for my appointment.

The place is in a kinda strange location, in an industrial building and the entrance is in the carpark itself! But the place inside is nicely decorated and cosy, so it is quite a plus point.

The massage was about 60 minutes long and it was GOOD. I fell asleep and even snored :P As usual, after the massage, the sales talk begun. My hubby would be so proud of me, I actually resisted buying any packages. Anyway, it doesn't make sense. They won't do pre-natal massages for beyond 8 months and I'm going to be in my 7th month soon (I just found out - I thought I was still in my 6 months, so I am officially in my 3rd trimester!).

Besides I had some grouses about the place, which are: 1) The massage bed is so HARD that my hips hurt while lying on it - I even had difficulty turning to my sides because it's actually painful to do so. This could be solved if they had a mattress padding or some sort, but I doubt they had any. They said the bed was probably too new - so new that I could feel the board under? 2) The massage starts from the feet up, and they didn't even wipe down the feet or offer a basin of water to wash in. Not that I really mind, but if my feet is really hot and sweaty, I'll be really quite unhappy.

Still, for the massage alone, I may still make another trip down, just hopefully they won't try to sell me some packages. I came away much more relaxed and my tight shoulder muscles loosen. The back doesn't hurt as much either - I think I will have a really good sleep tonight! ;)

0 comments: