Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The N word or C word?

Wondering why I suddenly had a change of mind again? to consider Natural Birth, since I was so strongly advocating for C Section.

Well, partly it had to do with a family conversation with my sister and my sister-in-law (sil for short). My sis had to go through C section because she had a low lying placenta. However, she encouraged me to go for natural because after the op, it's when all the pain starts and plus having to carry a urine bag around. The way she describe how the urine bag is attached is pretty gross! Then my sil said, actually I should try for natural first, but if it's not possible, then go for C section. I recalled reading somewhere that some mothers want to go alnatural but because of some complications, they had to under C section and they were so devastated by it. Hmmm, makes sense actually. So I guess I will try natural birthing, but will opt for C section (I wonder if I will jump at the offer at the slightest excuse) if need be. I know for sure, if I had to be induced for labour for whatever reason, then I'm going for C section.

Anyway I'm due to see Dr Y this Thurs and we'll see what happens. For all I know, after having to do the blood glucose test, I'll be screaming my head off and refusing to think about natural birth again. It could well go back to square one!

After all, we can plan for everything, but not everything will turn out as planned.

And oh er, baby is in her 26th week, or I have about 3 months to go before the EDD. It's starting to scare me a little :P I still have yet to find a maid and a confinement lady *argh*

0 comments: