Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Hospital/ Labour Bag Checklist

Since I'm waiting for my herbal soup to cool down, I might as well post up the checklist of items to pack for the labour/ hospital bag (as long promised):
  1. Hospital Notes
  2. Birth Plan
  3. Nightgowns (preferably the type you can unbutton in front of easy breastfeeding)
  4. Maternity bras
  5. Bra pad
  6. Maternity sanitary pads
  7. Small plastic bags for soiled stuff (personal hygiene)
  8. Bedroom Slippers
  9. Nipple Cream
  10. Dark coloured towel
  11. Comfortable briefs or disposable underwear
  12. Clothes for when leaving the hospital
  13. Favourite tioletries

For your partner:

  1. Coins - lots of them for the vending machines
  2. Camera, storage card/ laptop plus charger (film too if you are not on digital yet)
  3. Handphones plus charger (if any)
  4. Videocam plus charger (if any)
  5. Change of clothes (if bunking in)
  6. SHAVER (no scratchy chins allowed!)
  7. Reading materials

For your baby (if the hospital is not providing any):

  1. Baby Vests
  2. Scratch mitts and booties (about 3 pairs each)
  3. Wrapping blanket
  4. Disposable diapers or nappies
  5. Preferred baby tioletries (if you are insisting on organic products)

I think I've gotten most of the items above - just need to sort them out, washed them with the baby laundry detergent and then pack it nicely into a bag or two.

I'm almost there!

3 comments:

MommytoMeia said...

Bun I oni brought my maternity pads, disposable undies, towel, toothbursh n toothpaste, discharge clothes, a set of bb's clothes, mittens n booties. No need for diapers cos the hospital will provide... actually there are many things that the hospital provides, so my hospital bag's generally pretty empty.

muminthemaking said...

Ya, tt's why I put there if the hospital don't provide mah.

My list partially adapted from TMC (where we must bring our own night gowns) as well as a general checklist, since not everyone will go to the same place to deliver - or are as fortunate as us =)

Need to get my hubby to pack his things also, although here in Singapore, it's just a drive away, so not so bad if need to go home to pick up some stuff.

MommytoMeia said...

Yes, get hb to pack his stuff too. get ready ur hospital bag, n juz dump it in the car, that's wat i did. n when my water bag burst, we juz drove to KKH.